Last week was all Le Mans, all the time – even if I wasn’t actually there. It's a lot different covering from home as opposed to at the circuit.
The week was all about our blog coverage to the MAX. Writing/editing blog posts, photo teasers and galleries, tweets, and other odds and ends. And then after a whole week of preparation, came the race.
Oh the race.
I stayed up all 24 hours, but had max technical issues, first my laptop crashing (the battery was the culprit, I found out a couple days later), the video stream cutting in and out since Time Warner Cable basic in Wisconsin doesn't include SPEED, Twitter crashing, and then my backup desktop computer locking up every hour on the hour with too many processes running. As it was, nobody saw the tech. issues I had because the blog looked great.
I don’t think anybody saw the Pugs having their issues either. Well-deserved win for Audi, Pug kinda shot themselves in the foot with their right bank engine issues. Davidson did likewise with the whole aggressive Corvette pass. Major props to Radio Le Mans and John Hindhaugh for their coverage.
My laptop now has its battery being sent back for repairs. I’ll be on the go the next six weekends in succession – Elkhart Lake this one for the Nationwide race, then seeing family in Phoenix and San Diego through July 6, back to Milwaukee for a day, leave for Salt Lake City (next ALMS round) on the 8th, there for a weekend, Milwaukee again, then Lime Rock for the following ALMS weekend.
Holy cow. This summer is intense. Out for now, cheers.
No comments:
Post a Comment