Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Scrutineering synopsis

11:04 AM Today is really the first whole day at the track; the last two have been spent largely at scrutineering. To the veterans, it had to have been one of the worst ever.

It rained on-and-off all day yesterday, and when I say rain, I mean titanic, jaws of life, Noah’s Ark-type Armageddon style downpour. Some of the most horrendous rain I have seen in my life.


Nonetheless, in the interim from about 2-4:30, I went on a wonderful walk of old city in Le Mans with a friend from America. We stopped at a couple shops; I picked up a book she recommended, a cartoon of Le Mans 24 Hours in English called “Michel Vaillant: 24 Hours Under the Influence” that is hilarious.

I just mentioned to Eric that the new driver for Kolles, Andre Lotterer, a former CART driver and tester for Jaguar F1, took over after Tomas Scheckter was arrested for solicitation of a prostitute, to which Eric replied, “What’s wrong with that?”

I had two crepes today, one for dinner and the other dessert. The first included goat cheese, landers (better than ham/bacon) and crème, the second was pure chocolate. They were awesome. Porsche story was posted and have a Dempsey story to do tomorrow.

I didn’t spend as much time at scrutineering as I was figuring, which I guess was good. All in all, a good day, and out for now. Cheers.

No comments: