That's not to say my time in Wisconsin for most of the summer was a waste, not at all. Time was well spent and enjoyed with an internship at TMJ4 and working as a team leader for University Advancement Phonathon on Marquette's campus. We also had a fun-filled family reunion weekend which was our first official one since 1991, but an unofficial one was 10 years ago for my grandparents' 60th anniversary.
All that said I'm back on campus for year three at Marquette, now living the charmed life of an apartment life after two in the dorms. And it was today I felt every bit of my 20 years (old, in other words), as the next batch of freshmen moved on campus, all nervous and jittery, all going out and spending hundreds of dollars on books.
This week is a rare one, being on campus but with no classes, just work training for my first full year with the Marquette Tribune. That said, the Tribune is a part of Marquette Student Media and the word "convergence" has been tossed around quite a bit as our offices in Johnston Hall have been refurbished. They're quite nice, even if the furniture isn't all there yet.
It's universal training this week as all student employees from all walks of life are back getting their work on, be it as a tour guide, cashier, account executive, or word-butcher. I fall into the latter category.
I'm not sure how frequently I will update the blog from this point forward, similar to last year. There will be updates on my Twitter feed (twitter.com/tonydizinno or @tonydizinno) of all going on. I will get to it periodically and that's all I'll say now.
All told it was a great summer and I'm very optimistic the school year will be just as good, if not better. Out for now, and as always, cheers.
No comments:
Post a Comment