Monday, July 27, 2009

Autobahn weekend wrapup

11:26 AM It was an all-around solid weekend in Chicago, really Joliet, for the Harrah's Autobahn Grand Prix presented by Mazda. The facilities were much better than I was anticipating, the only downside was that outside of cookies and granola bars, and $5/slice pizza still in its original box, food was sparse both in the media center and the concessions (which, to my knowledge, were not open all wekened).

The SPEED World Challenge probably put on the most entertaining races of the weekend. I was barely able to see the GT race as I was in the media center for the Atlantic race 2 press conference. A word about that is Tonis Kasemets is simply hilarious - he said after his podium finish that there would be a party at his house, complete with "skinnydipping and beverages." And then the day after the team would change the engine and go on to Mid-Ohio.

Enjoying a rare week at home, although have some internship stuff going on this week.

No comments: