Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday at Autobahn

11:26 AM I have to say this is quite a nice facility here at the Autobahn Country Club, it's real open (and green) and from the media center you can see quite a bit of the circuit. There's eight different series running, Atlantic, SPEED World Challenge (two separate divisions), Star Mazda, Patron GT3 Cup, VW TDI Cup, Mustang Challenge and Mazda MX-5 Cup.

A shame the car count is down in the major classes - Atlantic has all of 11 cars, SPEED Touring Car 12. SPEED GT though still boasts a relatively healthy 20, including the debut of the TRG Mercedes-McLaren SLR 722.

And I will admit that I "gave in" or "sold out" to the Twitter phenomenon, depending on your perspective and whether or not you are a "tweeting" fanatic. It's as much a sign of the media times and needing to be up on it for news and sports updates direct from the participants as it is something I want to do.

There's much to learn about it, but by all means if you have the itch to follow, do so at twitter.com/tonydizinno. I'll be likely integrating links to each - this blog to that and vice versa - while incorporating report links on motorsport.com via the blog.

Stay tuned for updates here, on Twitter, and on motorsport.com this weekend from the Autobahn GP. Out for now, cheers.

No comments: