Saturday, July 25, 2009

Saturday at Autobahn

11:47 AM I'm hating technology this weekend. I have a very ancient cell phone (3 years), just got logged on to Twitter (more out of necessity than preference - in fact entirely out of necessity), have a tiny Nikon digital camera as opposed to a series of bigger lenses and either a Nikon or Canon camera, my computer has locked up twice this morning (once after I finished my report and forgot to save, AWESOME), there's all sorts of upgrades that I have to make to keep up with the times. I'm a bit annoyed.

That was a very long one-sentence rant so I apologize for that. Otherwise the day has been good. The above picture is from the Atlantics autograph session featuring two of the series' more interesting drivers. Jonathan Summerton is on the left, the very talented young American who is keen to make his mark in Europe, and Tonis Kasemets (right), who is from nearby Mundelin and is here with simply a trailer, his yellow Team Tonis shirts, and is working on the car after each session. Tonis is very much a throwback, he works on the car, just has blank shirts, has a picture of the Marlboro grid girls on the inside door of his trailer, and is still really quick. There aren't many like him anymore.

Articles from the weekend so far:

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=338171 (Atlantic race 2 qualifying)
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=338008&FS=ATLANTIC (Atlantic race 1 quals)
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/select.asp?Y=2009&E=Autobahn_I&N=Tony_DiZinno&S=ATLANTIC (Photos from Friday qualifying)

More to come as the weekend progresses. Out for now, cheers.

No comments: